Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Resuming Autism Games


Hello Again.  It has been a while! Since I last posted, I spent a decade working in an elementary school, still seeing many children with autism in the school setting.  My head fairly swirls with possible posts related to working in this setting as I found many wonderful ways to teach students though play in the school. Modifying games that I had used in an early childhood clinic setting and creating entirely new games was the most enjoyable part of being in an elementary school. 

I retired the summer after Covid.  I was still happy working with children and loved my profession as a Speech Language Pathologist but the working conditions were pretty hard with Covid. It felt like a good time to see what other adventures were waiting.  

I ignored my website and blog for another couple years as my husband and I moved, downsized dramatically and explored our new city.  We also traveled as we were able, and the travel adventures continue. We are still putting together our lives as free agents--not centered as we alway had been on our careers.  I guess I am not ready to let this aspect of my career go, though--the work I have done on play and children with autism.  I updated my website, Autism Games at www.autismgames.org. Go check it out!  

So, a warm hello from Autism Games.  I am happy to be here.  Tahirih

No comments: