Great Photos From Stage Play From the Duluth News Tribune
Great Article on Stage Play From the Duluth News Tribune
Tamara Pogin, M.A. CCC-SLP
Speech Language Pathologist
The game that parents and kids can play at home from this weeks Stage Play lesson:
- lights are turned off (or low)
- one or more people get ready to dance
- music starts ( lively tune works better)
- one or several people shine flashlights all around the dancer
- Music stops
- Dancer/s freeze and flashlights freeze on the Dancer
- Music starts again and the lights and the Dancer/s move again
Stage Lighting- The special lights that are focused on the stage.
Spotlight- A bright light that is usually focused on one actor during a special moment .
Gel- The special colored film that can be placed over lights to create different colors.
Gobo- metal plate that slides over lights to create patterns and designs on stage.
Definitions adapted from Let’s Put on a Show! A beginner’s theatre handbook for young actors by Adrea Gibbs
At the Stage Play Acting Classes this week, we will have Lighting Specialist, Ken Pogin, demonstrating special lights and lighting effects.